<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Waiting game begins

Waiting game begins

April 1st, 2010 at 11:29 am

Wow, I think I was more nervous for this exam than I was for Financial even though I studied more for it.

I think it had something to do with the fact DH was gone. The plan was to fall asleep early (10 pm) and wake up at 5:45 am. Well I fell asleep at 11 or 11:30 and tossed and turned. Woke up several times during the night (usually I never do, my alarm clock struggles to wake me up). So by 4 am, I told myself "Forget it" and pulled out the flashcards to study. After all, I was up - might as well put that time to some use since I know I wasn't sleeping.

Studying got me drowsy enough I fell back asleep till my alarm clock went off. Got the kids ready, showered, dog taken care of, made coffee for myself, fed the kids, DD #3 went potty twice before breakfast was over, and as I was heading out the door realized "Hey, I haven't eaten, I probably should."

So I quickly perused my pantry, which is practically empty. Found some crackers, tried to eat a few and felt like I was going to throw up. I should have known. When I am nervous, I can't eat. Its like my body says "No, no food, we don't need to be wasting energy on digesting when under stress"

But I stuffed the crackers in my purse anyway, just in case I got hungry later.

Dropped off the baby, dropped off the kids. My exam was at 9 and by now it was 8:30 and I was stuck on the roads to get to the freeway to drive 30 miles north to the exam site.

Thankfully the HOV was open to everyone this morning so it allowed me to bypass the slower traffic and get to the site on time. Even then, I was still nervous as I noticed I was shaking sitting in the chair to get my fingerprint taken. Or it could have been the caffeine... its been a few days since I've had coffee.

Took the exam and there were some questions I was like "Hey, I've seen that one before." Actually, there were a lot like that... I did a lot of multiple choice questions.

Overall though, I still couldn't tell if the testlets were getting harder like last time. I finished the multiple choice in an hour and a half but the first simulation took me an entire hour cause the written communication caught me off guard. The second simulation, at least the communication part, I feel like I had down cause that was an area my professor stressed to us during my graduate studies.

My hunger didn't start to bug me till my first simulation, but I got so wrapped up in the simulation that the pains eventually subsided.

Anyhow, I hope I passed. I feel like I either passed or respectably didn't. Again, I don't want to be over-confident - what if I didn't know it as well as I thought I did. You never know sometimes, so you can just try your best and hope it was good enough.

Now... off to grab sometime to eat. Its 2:30 now and I can't believe all I've had today has been a cup of coffee and some crackers.

2 Responses to “Waiting game begins”

  1. creditcardfree Says:

    I'm glad it is over for you and you can enjoy the rest of the day!

  2. minnie1928 Says:

    Which part did you sit for this time? Now, enjoy your free time!

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]